Friday 11 July 2008

Foggy winter

Lily and I came back to Melbourne since January 2007. After leaving Australia for almost 3 years, we thought that we were going to suffer throughout last year's winter. We bought a couple of heaters to make sure we were well equipped to brace the freezing nights.

Winter 07 came and gone... it was not too bad, if my memory serves me right. In fact we did not use the heater as often as we initially thought. Most of the time, it was my missus who switched it on. I am not a big fan of heater. In fact I would rather wear more clothings than to have it on. Reason being that I don't feel comfortable with the room filled with hot dry air and hates it when my throat gets dry as well. I might have spoken too soon.

Now we are in the middle of winter 08. There's not a day that I do not switch on the heater, especially in the morning. Not because it is significantly colder than last year, but from looking out from our apartment window, it sort of give me the impression that its freaking cold. Looking at the photos below, you'll know what I mean. Until I get a better camera, you guys have to rely on these photos courtesy of Herald Sun.














Lily managed to capture some nice shots of winter from our living room.






We have gone through winter a couple of times in Melbourne and both of us reckon it was not as bad as this time around. We still have almost 1.5 months before the first sign of spring come knocking on our door. We are getting there!

2 comments:

de-Kaffeinated! said...

I am so going there!!

hyperhex.com said...

you got nice view from your apartment. nice shots!