After the Melbourne International Dragon Boat Race, the season has comes to an end with a dinner celebration on 14th March 2009.
The celebration was held in Pepper Chilli (85 Little Bourke St, corner of Exhibition and Little Bourke) with a great attendance of 41 people! When we first heard the name of the restaurant, we were hoping that not all the food served were spicy. It turn out to be a Sze Chuan Restaurant. Thank god that it was a set menu where we were given a choice of some of the dishes.
Overall it was a great night with good company, speeches from the Captains and there was also award presentations.
It started off with the CERTIFICATE of achievements:
- Best Race Day Performance Docklands Cup: Kevin Wong
- Best Race Day Performance Falls Creek Mile High Championship: Miki Ishikawa
- Best Race Day Performance Victorian Titles: Karsten Arnold
- Best Drummer: Melissa Ong
- Best Sweep: Chris Walters
- Most Valuable Paddler: Joel Chua
- Best Male Paddler: Jay Sadler
- Best Female Paddler: Eva Bui
- Best Rookie: Nadja Wiedemann
- Best Team Spirit Male: Stephen Soo
- Best Team Spirit Female: Hennley Sah
Both Stephen and I were very surprise that he would get an award, as we didn't know what the award categories were. Anyhow, it is an excellent idea to give out all these certificates and awards to give motivation as well as recognition of every one's hard work and determination to the team. Great Work CYSM!!!