Wednesday 29 July 2009

A new beginning

We have finally moved into our new house. A big pat on our back!!!

Coming back home, driving up to our garage, still smelling the newly polished floor scent and leather sofas, it feels really good!! Makes me want to come home even more. :D

Even though a lot of hours spent in cleaning, unpacking the boxes and arranging our stuffs around the house, we were enjoying it and it turns out to be exactly how we visualized it to be. Guess it's easier now with a bit more room for us to play around.

The whole experience is a journey in itself. Get to learn things that I never thought of, from changing locks to realigning the cabinet door to solving simple electrical issues. The satisfaction from these is just sensational!!! I am beginning to appreciate DIY and understand why the locals love it so much.

At the moment, the walls are pretty empty. We are thinking of what photos and decors we should hang. Now we can make a few holes in the wall without having rental agents screaming their heads off. :D

I was exploring the surrounding last week and found out that our house is actually very strategically located. We knew its very close to the freeway and a supermarket is only 5 minutes walking distance, there's also a huge shopping districts about 5 minutes drive away. Not too far and not too close. Just perfect! To top it off, it's very near to a number of good dim sum place that I am very fond of.

We are proud of what we have achieved so far and I hope our parents will be as well when they see our humble home.

A colleague of mine asked me this morning how does it feel to finally going back to my own house after work. I told her it's the same feeling when she got married, no words can truly describe our feeling right now.

2 comments:

de-Kaffeinated! said...

A big CONGRATULATIONS bro!! Worth every dollar spent, right?

Enjoy every moment....

Precious Pea said...

I know what you mean, i felt exactly the same thing when I moved into my new house. Just couldn't wait to go home everyday.